Thursday, July 20, 2006

Too Much Time Knitting to Blog

Its been a while since we wrote. Been too busy knitting. Well that's my excuse.
Well Denise now has a toasting pair of toes and I have another item of clothing to add to my shoe box full of knitted items for the Guardian Angel Program. Slowly getting things finished.
My plan was to try and get some of my UFO's finished and off the needles. So wednesday I picked up my 40cm circulars and cast on again for another beanie to try and eat up a spare ball left over when I only had two rows to finish on a project. Will I ever learn?
That's how much I got done during my Graduate Development course. Yes, it is as neon as it looks. Why did I buy it?
I almost thought I had the beige blankey finished too. I was looking at doing a thick edging, and thought I better check through the stash, in case more beige yarn had bred. Yup, found a bag of 25g balls we got from Denise's gran. So the blanket is still growing.
Also started on another blanket. On thursday I went on a work trip to Kingston SE. Its a nice 4-5hour trip down there, very interesting and changing landscape. I also got a lot of time to sit and watch the traffic go past and crochet. And talk.
Anyway, things didn't go quite as planned, and what could have been quite simple, seemed to create problems as we went. But that's computers for you. So it meant that 6pm came and the Service Consultant that came with me made the call to stay the night. And we got put up in a hotel for the night. Went back the next day, solved one problem and created another. Eventually at 2pm everything was fixed and they thought I was a genius. So I've had a big head for the past few days too. It was good to get out of the office for a while and the best part was I got paid to knit while we travelled.
Went to see my mum on the weekend for her birthday. She'd kill me for revealing her age. Naturally, its older than me. But we all sat down knitting and crocheting; me, Denise, mum, Anita and Jenny. It was a great way to spend some time. Mum suggested that we all make my grandmother some hand knitted goodies. Anita is going to knit a scarf, Jenny is crocheting a beanie, and Denise and I are making the Fetching wrist warmers. I'm making the right one, Denise the left. So far our tension looks very close to the same. It saves us from second sock/glove syndrome.
Denise has discovered that her lecturer is a knitter too, and was showing off some of her wool she bought online from New Zealand. http://www.thewoolcompany.com Some of their colours are beautiful, and Denise is drooling so much her laptop is in danger. Apart from knitting she's been in serious study mode still. It will all be over soon. And when it is she promises to write a blog or two.
Denise only detected 4 spelling errors this time. I'm getting better, or using words I can spell. And to think, I use to get full marks in spelling tests in primary school.

No comments: