Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Frankie the Heater Hog

Denise is off at work tonight for stocktake, so I'm left here on my own with only the cat in keep me company.
And this is where we often find the cat. Don't worry, she's not dead, just resting, UNDER the heater.
Its one of those bar heaters with fan and an element at the base. And she's figured that the warmest place she can be is under it.
Its quite cute to see these little white paws sticking out from underneath it.
I think Frankie is the luckiest cat around and I'm sure she's greatful that she adopted us from the Animal Welfare League. I was worried that a 2yo cat would be too set in her ways for new owners/slaves, but she's grown to love us as much as we love her. She was the only cat at the shelter that actually came up and said hello to us, and meowed against the cage until we came in to talk to her. Came back the next day with a carry cage and a woollen blanket for her.
Maybe she could smell the wool on us, because she definitely is a wool snob too. She's taken to sleeping on our bed during these freezing nights, and I'll wake up with a cat pushing me out the bed. So we bought her some fluffy material from Spotlight, but she won't have a bar of it. Prefers to sit on my crochet blanket while I'm crochetting, on her first blanket, or her Kitty Pi Bed.
But she definitely is loved.
Anyway, to my knitting, I spent time today helped one of my colleagues to remember how to knit. Its so much easier teaching someone to knit when they have done it before and just need a refresher. It really made me concentrate on how I knit though. I've got to a point where I don't think anymore, I just do it.
Gives me a chance to scare people when I don't watch what I'm doing, and I watch them watching me on the bus.
Yes, I am an unashamed public knitter. I guess I'm use to the stares we get holding hands, so when I whip out the needles on the bus, I cheerfully smile back.
Well my nasty feathers/flutter edging on my last crochet blanket has made me rethink that blanket. Its sitting on the couch with half a side done. Its so bad it made me want to crochet a beige blanket. Okay, for some reason I have a lot of beige yarn, I don't know how, I never remember buying it. In fact I have found 5 balls of the stuff, so I will just keep crochetting until I run out of yarn.
But here's one I finished earlier. Actually its my first blanket. Its only 54cm across, but I figure it will be a nice over cot blanket.
Sad news today for sock knitters in Adelaide. There will be no more Hot Socks yarn at Lincraft. Its discontinued. NOOOO!!!!! Denise's sock will be unique in this house (although if I only knit the one it will be very unique).
However I did find myself 5 more balls of rainbow Marino Bambino. I just love the colours, and I know that if I don't stock up now we won't be able to get it when we decide to have children. I can just imagine it now, rainbow booties, hat and mittens, plus a little jacket and that cute baby top from the last knitty. Our kids are going to hate all the knitted goods we'll make them.
The Beige Blankie awaits me.

3 comments:

Yarnsticksbooks said...

Lincraft discontinuing sock yarn? What the!!!???
Argh, just when we finally get something half decent and at a reasonable price.
*Jumping up and down in a temper tantrum over here.* Ok not really but not happy.
And what is with the beige yarn??? It seems to have followed me home too. Sneaky stuff.

Susie No Skates said...

I think beige yarn is what happens when the yarn starts breeding in the stash containers. All that aqua and claret and mint green makes an icky baby poo colour. Probably a good reason to pull it all out and sort it.

Anonymous said...

What a great site Offset digital printing direct email marketing Backup withholding for lottery winnings How can i block a pop up http://www.sony-camcorder.info Car accessory seat cover http://www.yahoo-fantasy-baseball.info http://www.affiliate-program-9.info Gas in tires fat fat woman Management training project management home security Bontril slow release capsule