Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Beginning

Guess I'll start with the basics. I set this up to show off my knitting and to have a place where I can post pics of what I have made.
I live with my fiance Denise, and our beautiful daughter, Frankie the Cat. From time to time Denise will post here, and Frankie will more than likely sit on the desk, correcting spelling and fixing our mistakes.
Both Denise and I knit and crochet. Denise is a methodical knitter, she buys her yarn for a specific project, knits one project at a time, then moves onto the next one. Whereas I am a hoarding, impatient knitter, there will always be room in the stash tower for one more ball even if it doesn't yet have a purpose, there will always be 5 or more projects running at a time, patterns are never never meant to be followed and will work out if I sorta know what I'm doing, and there is always an empty set of needles just waiting for me to cast on. This is probably why I still don't have a jumper finished.
As of today I have on the needles:
Pictures of these will be added when I remember where my camera got to this time.
So at the moment, thanks to the wonderous speed of 56K dial-up I have the granny square sitting with me, a few more loops each time I wait for a page to open.
But I'm warm. I have my Blueberry Waffle socks and a beanie pulled down over my ears. And when the night temperature dips to 5 degrees C I consider wearing it to bed too. Which incidentally is where I think I might head to. Without my crochet or knitting!!!

No comments: