Thursday, May 29, 2008

House Hunting

It was a sad week. Our dream out finally got sold. It's been Under Contract for over a month, and I decided to email the agent saying that if things fell through, we're still interested as we now may have the money. They called back to say it had been sold that morning. Noo!!Oh well. It wasn't meant to be.
But we've got a lot more of our deposit saved up now, which gives us more options when we go to the banks.
Going through my house junk mail I'm getting sent to me (the lazy persons way to house hunt) I found an odd house out at Highbury. For what we're looking for $265,000 seems to cheap, so it makes me wonder what is wrong with it. What do you think?
Anyway, we're just waiting a bit, building up a bit more of a deposit so we can go for the nicer looking houses.
July 1 is time to start scoping out the banks, credit unions and home loan places though. Denise's HECS bill gets indexed, tax returns will be coming in soon and the new brighter financial year will start.
In the mean time, we look and wait.

No comments: