Friday, August 25, 2006

The Dreaded Lurgy

Seems I've come down with the dreaded lurgy. I currently feel like I have a bus parked up my nose, and that I've been eating sandpaper. Foolish me thought that I was immune from colds since I'd already had one this winter. So I'm dosing myself with echinacea and lots of tea, and I've had a couple days off work. Problem with this is that I'm also have a knitting free week. So I've had two days off of work, and I can't knit. Maybe I'll try a little, see how I go. I've been itching to try my new sock wool. Although I'm also keen to get my Tubey jumper finished.
Also I've been working on the website for the Adelaide KTog group. I am so proud of all the pics that I've made up. Believe it or not, but those balls of yarn are pics I've taken off wool I had laying around the house. Using PhotoEditor (you know that basic picture editing program that came with MS Office) I've used the stamp effect to give the outline, and then paintbrush to colour it in. Yup, really basic programs, and I still get a decent clipart picture. I've still got a lot of work to do, but its building nicely.
As you can see, I've also started adding recipies. I've got the list code almost sorted, so that will go up in the side bar soon. The lasagne is one of my favourites. One of those meals that Denise won me over with. I've always loved lasagne, but I thought it was rather involved to make it.
Actually I told a small lie before, I have been crochetting on my time off. I've finally finished the beige blankie. I finished the edge, washed it, and measured it. 1 metre square.
I also came across a surprise find in the back of the wardrobe too. A bag of beanies I knitted last year to go to the Guardian Angel program. I think I found 7 beanies that are suitable to go (one is too small to fit any head, except for a doll, and the other is made out of wool that I'm now using to make the purple blanket, and I need every scrap of that wool I can get.
I've washed everything that is going, and we'll take a photo of the whole loot before sending it off. I'll also have a final tally of completed knitted goods.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your knittwits.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com